Monday, July 30, 2007

Mike & Rachel's Wedding

It would be more traditional, of course, to accompany this entry with a photo of the bride and groom looking all elegant and glamorous, but I simply couldn't resist this rather marvellous snap of Jenny's horror at the sight of a tumbling load of wooden bricks. Admittedly it was rather shocking, but we didn't realise it would cause her quite this level of trauma.

The wedding was fantastic - you might say a new level of fantastic, in fact. Great readings, all very carefully chosen and perfectly evading the cheesy cliches you sometimes bump into at these events. The whole shebang was really very moving, possibly due to Mike being such a big girl and breaking down into whimpers every five seconds. Beautiful location, wonderful people and rather marvellous desserts - all-in-all, a superb day.

It was marred only slightly by our taxi being 45 minutes late, which resulted in a very wet, very cold and slightly scary (there was a definite sense of mild peril) wait in a pitch black forest in The Middle of Nowhere, Norfolk, with only the militant rage of Chris, the righteous anger of Dave, the cow hunting of Sedger and the inappropriate singing of Nadia, Jen and Hena to keep us in good spirits. We eventually found our way back to civilisation, though, and it at least gave the day a rather adventurous climax!

Congrats to Mike and Rachel, who are currently swanning about somewhere in Italy, for putting on a spiffy day and, you know, getting married. Woohoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That truly is a fantastic picture, It looks very professional and she sure does look very shocked to see the blocks fall down.

Sounds like a great day and judging by the lighting of the photo everything looked like a nice bright day. Congratulations to Mike and Rachel even though I don't know them at all but have a great life ;).

TheChicken said...

Erm, thanks for using that photo Simon. I'll be sure to find a nice one of you to upload when we finally get around to putting ours on Flickr.

I might also say that there was nothing in the least bit inappropriate about Nadia, Hena and my singing. In fact, I think you'll find we chose rain related songs and blocked out the ranting! So consider yourself told!

I do agree with you that it was a truly marvellous day though. So we wont fall out!!

Anonymous said...

I am not a chicken, he's stolen my identity! Best cancel all credit cards straight away!

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely day. Lol - our singing was perfectly appropriate I feel consisting of 'why does it always rain on me?' and 'raindrops keep falling on my head' amongst others.
I may be being incredibly lame Simon but I can't access the photos from the day from your blog. Can you let me know how please.
Ta chuck.
Hena

Tarn said...

I was originally going to write something witty about Jenny's expression, but Nadia has forbidden me, so instead I'll simply say: click on the photo. :)